Thursday, July 3, 2008


Today I am thankful for God's love, God's wisdom, and God's perfect plans.

My family and I have been facing some "unforeseen" and difficult changes lately, and these changes could lead to even more difficult ones in the near future. It's interesting because a couple of years ago, I would never have dreamed that these changes could possibly take place. They DO NOT coincide with my plans...and even though these changes aren't tragic or unbearable, they are still stressful.

However...

It's been sooooo comforting to realize that God's got it all under control! Even though I never saw these events coming, He's known they were coming since before I or my parents were even born! When I focus on that concept, I feel so much better! BELIEVE ME, I have NOT controlled my mind perfectly. Yes...there have been times of hyperventilation!! But God's truth is still truth!!

Last week, our pastor spoke about Saul's conversion. He, as well as several of the men who shared, pointed out how Saul's/Paul's story was timed by God. For example, why didn't God appear to Saul before he had traveled 5 out of the 6 days it took to get to Damascus? In fact, why didn't God appear to Saul before He started arresting and killing all those Christians? The answer, Pr. Gerry pointed out, was that God had a plan. He works all things together so that He is glorified!! That means that the changes that my family is going through are for God's glory...He has it all figured out!! Thank you Lord!

I just read this Psalm, and even though plenty of people care about me (vs 4) and no one is hunting me down (vs 6), I can still take it's main message personally.

Psalm 142

1 I cry aloud to the Lord;
I plead aloud to the Lord for mercy.
2 I pour out my complaint before Him;
I reveal my trouble to Him.
3 Although my spirit is weak within me,
You know my way.

Along this path I travel
they have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look to the right and see;
no one stands up for me;
there is no refuge for me;
no one cares about me.

5 I cry to You, Lord;
I say, "You are my shelter,
my portion in the land of the living."
6 Listen to my cry,
for I am very weak.
Rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.
7 Free me from prison
so that I can praise Your name.
The righteous will gather around me
because You deal generously with me.

Iris is our host...find more Thankful Thursdays by clicking here...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your family will come through with a new and collective strength. I think we are all being tested in these times and hopefully we will all pass with flying colors. Have a great holiday!

Jordan Bethany said...

Hi Brianna,

I will be praying for your family.

I've been working on my blogspot blog, that I haven't kept up with well, but am going to try now because I have a lot of friends who do blogspot and it easier for them to just go to my blogspot one. I may use the same posts for both my HSB and blogspot one, but I like it because I can comment easily on other blogspot users. Come check it out when you can, cause I updated it.

Where did you get your template?

Luv ya and looking forward to tonight!

Arya

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

It's always nice to know God is there isn't it?

Off to do my own TT:-)

Lydia

Alex said...

A great post! I hope things work out for you and your family. Isn't it great that we have a God that we can fully rely on? Happy TT!

The Liebers said...

Sometimes after struggling through difficult times and wondering why things are happening they way they are, you will look back and see how perfect the result was. You realize that God's plan was the BEST plan and that if you had not struggled through it, you would not be in the glorious place you have come to. I pray that is what you will realize after your struggle.

eph2810 said...

I am sorry to read that you are going through a stressful time right now. But I think that you have a fabulous attitude about the changes. Believe me - I have hyperventilated a lot through me life, but knowing that God is in control is a huge comfort to me.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Meshaay said...

Your blog looks really cool! And I'm so happy that you're keeping your trust in the Lord, and doing it joyfully at that.

God bless you!
Meshaay

Hannah Leigh said...

Hello,
My name is Hannah(Or Rose...) I found your blog through Julia's.
I saw that you like Prince Caspian...Way to go!!!
I love that movie, but I can't find the soundtrack anywhere at a reasonable price...any suggestions?

-Rose
P.S. If you reply to this, could you leave a comment on my blog when you do? Thanks.

Julia said...

Hey Brianna!
Praying for you as you go through a difficult season....
It IS comforting to know that God is in Control of everything! Thanks for posting this.

Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Brianna
I got your link through the SSA's... because you're my SSA for this session. It's nice to meet you and I look forward to encouraging and praying for you for the next few months!

PTL that you're putting your trust in Him. I think a lot of people think they need to help God or when things don't go as they planned they think it's satan trying to disrupt them, when it may be God saying, "no, those are your plans. Not mine and my will be done". Those are times we need to stop and ask ourselves if what we're doing are really Spirit-directed. May God guide you as you search out His will!

Blessings!
Your SSA

Katie said...

Brianna,

Thanks so much for lunch yesterday. I wish I could have stayed to watch movies. Did you guys get to see The Importance of Being Earnest?

Katie

Carla said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always appreciate comments from everyone.

You have a lovely blog here.
I'll be coming by again =)

Oh and I love that your homeschooled too!