Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Fear!


2 Timothy 1:7: "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment."

Such a familiar, simple, yet profound statement. "God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness."

Think about that...we have no reason to fear anything: not temptation, not trials, not the high cost of standing alone. When we're faced with a tough decision, we don't have to freak out and and make a rushed choice. We can make a choice based on "sound judgement." God gives wisdom. Hallelujah!

I'm starting school next Tuesday, and I've already started pre-season volleyball workouts. I know I will be faced with tough choices (in fact, I already have). I don't have to shy away from righteousness because I'm scared of what people might think or because it's just plain easier to NOT do the "hard thing." The same power that "raised Christ from the dead" resides in me. I have been given a spirit of power. God gives strength. Hallelujah!

Just some thoughts...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful message. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I hope every goes well for you. :)

And thanks for the comment! I'm glad to hear it!

Paula said...

A great post Brianna, thank you. A timely reminder that temptation, trials and standing alone are not to be feared. We are the apples of His eyes, as a friend reminded me last night, and He is with us to help us through the difficult times. Thanks again, Paula :-)

Julia said...

Good reminder...I hope you start off college with a bang! :) (A good one) Keep standing firm. Enjoy the volleyball! :)

Blessings,

Julia

Unknown said...

How true Brianna!
I can understand facing hard decisions. Stand firm!!

~Madison

delaney said...

I am SO sorry I haven't commented on your blog!! That is so true! Sometimes it is hard to stand strong, but when you do, you feel SO much better. :)

Laney

Julia said...

Happy Labor Day!
Julia

SuperAngel said...

Great article, Brianna! You are so right.

I am so sorry I haven't stopped by lately! I love the new design and think you are doing such a great job!
Take care and hope you stay safe at college!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com